Thursday, September 07, 2006

Feed Me... or just too much information

Mini Feeds are now available on Facebook. Every person now has a mini-feed on their respective profile, which shows status updates, additions of photos by your friends etc. Great idea, but I feel it may be giving outside people too much information about whats going on in the magical world of you.

Do I really need to know when John Smith last fed his fish? Do I really care if someone removed a tag of me from a photo? I do care when poeple claiming to be your friend (of whom which you have not accepted the friendship request), have access to everything thats going on. Of course you can restrict access to your Mini-Feed in your public profile, but unconfirmed friendship requests still see your restricted access profile until you give them the boot.

Major access flaw? Or is "what they could have seen"?

I for one am deciding whether there is any value in the Mini-Feed. We'll see...