Friday, January 26, 2007

Windows Vista Business

I'm lucky enough to be enrolled at a university that is part of the MSDN Academic Alliance program. This entitles students to obtain select Microsoft software for free. The catalogue fo free software was updated to include Windows Vista, so I thought I'd give it a try this weekend to see if it can cope with my way of working. If all goes well, then I'll actually upgrade to it as my primary operating system.

The Windows Vista added to the MSDN Academic Alliance library is the "Business" version, meaning it is essentially the same as the "Ultimate" version, but minus the Media Center.

I'll post over the weekend to let you know how I get on, with any teething troubles identified. I'll also post some pictures. I am keen on trying the new interface, and especially interested to see if all the programs I use on my Windows XP install work without issue on Windows Vista Business.

Here goes...